- We are no union if we meekly accept a continuous reduction of our hours.
- We are no union if we do not have control over who is a member of our unit.
- We are no union if we cannot control the issues over which we may grieve.
- We are no union if we have no way to ensure the conditions under which we work.
- We are no union if we can be hired and fired at will.
- We are no union if we allow the undercutting of our wages.
Our Columbia coalition meets tomorrow, November 16, 600 S. Michigan, room 401, from 6-8pm. Please RSVP if you haven’t already. It is vital that you attend because we will be discussing strike actions. The administration continues to ignore our basic union rights. Here is a letter from our legal counsel outlining the college’s fraudulent activities against members.
IMPORTANT DATES – PLEASE ATTEND!
- Reps Meeting: Thursday, November 16th, Thursday, 600 South Michigan, Rm 401 5 pm
- OurColumbia Coalition: Thursday, November 16th, Thursday, 600 south Michigan, Rm 401, 6-8p.m. We will discuss shared actions with the students and bring them up to speed. Food will be provided. Please make sure and tell your students, alumni and other faculty to attend.
- PFac Membership Meeting 12:30-2:00, Monday, November 20
- PFac Membership Meeting 5:00-6:30, Monday, November 20
- PFac Membership Meeting 12:30-2:00, Tuesday, November 21